Outsider Status

Friday, July 14, 2006

"BAD Charlotte! Your music sucks!"


I really cannot wait to see Darkest Hour play again. These guys are special.

The rest of the show was fun, but none of the bands were anywhere near as DH. They're just so metal. I'm pretty sure that I really wouldn't like any of the other bands in the scene as much as I would them. Maybe it's the memories.

Anyways, this may have been the best time I've had at the 9:30. A smaller crowd makes all the difference. Plus having three Roxas' in the building. That also helps. The crowd was smelly and sweaty, which was to be expected, I suppose. They spent a whole helluva lotta time running in a circle. It reminded me of a preschool recess. The singer was up there pumping up the audience, and then suddenly squealing "circle pit!" And all the dudes in black shirts and hoodies started running in a giant circle. Skinny little bastards like me were sticking to the sidelines.

This is new to me. Which is weird, because it seems that just about every white guy in PG County has been to at least a handful of hardcore shows. I guess I spent the first half of high school ignoring everything modern, and the next half only listening to indie pop. So, hardcore wasn't exactly the most appealing thing in the world.

Anyway, to sum it up. It was pretty much what I expected, and Darkest Hour fucking rules.

+ + +

You know what I admire about M. Night Shyamalan? Aboslutely nothing!

Except, whoever does his casting. I always think that every actor in his movies really feels or looks natural. An odd thing to notice, but that stupid trailer for Lady in the Water played before Pirates, and I noticed how perfect the cast was.

Shame the script is going to be laughably self-important.

Has anyone read about the book he's making? It's about how Disney hurt his feelings. It reads like a first grader trying to get the mean kids in trouble with the teacher:

"Mrs. Harolds? Disney told me that I was being silly and needed to revise my script. They didn't even call me a genius once this time! I hate them! Tell them to shut up!"

+++

I didn't know The Hold Steady had an album coming out this fall. Why the hell didn't anyone tell me?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home