Outsider Status

Friday, August 25, 2006

The doubters all were stunned, heard louder than a gun, the sound they made was love



So, this weekend, the Emmy will be announced, and I don't really watch too much TV, but some shows I like are involved, so I'll do the predictions thing:

Best Drama

24

Best Comedy

Two and a Half Men

Best Variety/Music/Comedy

The Colbert Report

Best Actor in a Drama

Kiefer Sutherland - 24

Best Actor in a Comedy

Steve Carrell - The Office

Best Actress in a Drama

Frances Conroy - Six Feet Under

Best Actress in a Comedy

Julia Jouis-Dreyfus - The New Adventures of Old Christine

Best Supporting Actor in a Drama

Alan Alda - The West Wing

Best Supporting Actor in a Comedy

Jeremy Piven - Entourage

Best Supporting Actress in a Drama

Sandra Oh - Grey's Anatomy

Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy

Megan Mullally - Will & Grace

Best Individual Performance in a Variety Program

Stephen Colbert - The Colbert Report

+++

Overall, I think it's gonna be a mixed bag of deserving winners, and bizarrely terrible choices. Like every Emmy Awards show.

+++

I saw Little Miss Sunshine, by the way. I liked it. I didn't love it, and there were a couple of moments that felt way too calculated/forced, but the performaces really helped. I do wish that Alan Arkin and Stephen Colbert had gotten more to do.

As I said to someone else the other day, Junebug is a better family dysfunction comedy, and it's a great deal subtler than LMS. Watch that too.

+++

Songs that I can't stop listening to:

Mew - "Apocalypso" & "The Zookeeper's Boy"

The Decemberists - "Sons & Daughters"

Akron/Family - "No Space in This Realm"

Casiotone for the Painfully Alone - "New Year's Kiss"

Bonnie "Prince" Billy - "A Minor Place"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home